How to use 8BM
To help learn how to best use 8BM, we put together some little hints, tips and videos.
1: How to create an account
- Click sign up in the top right
- Enter your name, password and location
- Activate your account from the email that's sent to you
- Say hello to the community
- Select which subjects you want to learn
- Select which subjects you could teach or share (aka informally chat about) with the community
- You’re registered and can now explore the site!
- Congratulations on registering!
2: Finding and requesting a lesson
- Check the ‘My matches’ page to see your subject matches
- Explore these or search for new subjects in the toolbar - anything from philosophy to lucid dreaming...
- You can choose from experienced teachers or informal sharers
- Check out their profile to learn more about them
- Request a session by clicking the ‘request session’ button
- The more info you add, the more likely the teacher will accept it
- When it’s accepted, you’ll receive a confirmation email
- If you can’t find a subject you want to learn, check back regularly as new users are joining all the time!
- If you receive a lesson request, accept it to give back to the community (and increase the chances of yours being accepted!)
- Congratulations on scheduling your first lesson!
3: How to start your lesson
- Log into 8BM before your lesson
- 5 minutes before it starts, the lightbulb will flash
- Hover over it, and in the dropdown you will see your upcoming lesson - click ‘open whiteboard’
- Your virtual classroom will appear - enjoy your lesson!
- You can also access it from your lessons page
- Enjoy your lesson!
The 8BM platform is made from amazing volunteers around the world. We’ll keep improving it for you, so be sure to let us know what you'd like to see improved so we can make!
We hope you enjoy exploring all the learning possibilities.